Needs educating: Message from Linux (fwd)

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Tue Jan 22 13:06:18 EST 2002

I am inclined to agree with Gena on this one...

There are some very persuasive arguments contained in a two hour
lecture by Richard Stallman, founder of the Free Software
Foundation, available for download from speakup goodies audio
page in two parts:

ftp://ftp.braille.uwo.ca/pub/linux/goodies/audio-files/rms-nyu1.ogg

and
ftp://ftp.braille.uwo.ca/pub/linux/goodies/audio-files/rms-nyu2.ogg

These are audio files in the ogg/vorbis format. The entire
lecture in a more compact ogg/vorbis format is on the speakup
site somewhere, but I cannot find it immediately. The same
lecture in an mp3 format is 16 megs in size - too big to email,
and I do not have access to file space to upload  it. I presume
Windows advocates can play ogg/vorbis  files okay, right?

Chuck

Visit me at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (60% of Full)