Needs educating: Message from Linux (fwd)

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Jan 22 10:15:01 EST 2002

I take it you don't know much bout the Gnome 2.0 project. Well, here is a
more in depth look at Gnome 2. Which is part of the x-windows system.

1. Gnome 2 is being majorly over halled with speech accessible widgits,
screen reader hooks, and other fixes to make it accessible.
2. synth driver support is being added to support synths for Linux. This
project is called Gnome-speech.
3. the gtk+ language is being modified so that from now on all applications
using the standard gtk+ 2 will come out of the box accessible with
Gnopernicus and other x screen readers like it.

So steps are being taken to make X accessible, but it merely takes time.