Making Speakup Optional

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jan 21 13:51:13 EST 2002

Yes, that's a big help - Thanks.  One other question, loadkeys -k loads
the "default keymap? Which default? What I mean is I thought the speakup
patches modify the keyboard; wouldn't this "patched" keyboard now be the
acting default? How does one get the original unpatched one instead? I
wonder if I need to save out the keymap before applying speakup.

I could be missing a big point here so would be glad if someone needs to
point out the "error of my ways":).

Thanks again for the idea about /proc/speakup/synth - good one!