Speakup chokes on long resitations.

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Jan 21 02:11:56 EST 2002

Hi.  This might not be a Speakup problem at all.  This same thing used to
happen to me daily when I used a Doubletalk Lt in DOS.  I especially
noticed it when I was trying to listen to a long text file.  After about 30
screens of text it would just die.  I do not know what to suggest except
that I think it is a buffering problem.  In other words, the internal
hardware synth buffer gets too full so it just stops.  You might try
turning it off and/or reseting it but I am not sure if you can do that with
an internal.  There might be a command to flush or change the buffer size
but I am not aware of it.  If you have the money, I would suggest getting a
different synthesizer.