Speakup chokes on long resitations.

Georgina gena at gena-j.net
Sun Jan 20 20:47:52 EST 2002

Hi

This sounds like when I'd compiled a kernel which caused a lot of material for
the boot up process, if I didn't hit the mute key, the system would hang.
I just considered that I'd sent too much material for the buffer to cope with
so it refused to accept any more and cause it to hang.  Its probably complete
nonsense but it never hung if I muted the speech during boot up.  It also
happens when Slackware is installing all the selected packages without
prompting.

Gena