Update: was Slackware 8.0 install error

Rodney rodneylist at home.com
Sun Jan 20 14:02:34 EST 2002

Thanks for all of your help thus far.

Well I created two new floppy disks.  This time I used the rawrite
windows version.  I used the speakup.i version from the speakup website
since that is supposed to be better with ppp, but I used a different
color.gz than the one on the speakup site.  This time I used the
color.gz from the Slackware 8.0 install CD I had downloaded and burned.
Results:
Same boot time and 4:34 seconds before the synth started talking.  But
when it starts talking, if I silence the speech and go to the last line,
the root disk prompt is there.
I inserted the root disk and got a lot further this time.  Speakup did
not stop talking on me and I was able to get a couple errors off of the
screen.

Error message number 1:
UMSDOS: msdos_read_super failed, mount aborted.

Error message number 2:
Invalid session number or type of track
Kernel panic: VFS: unable to mount root fs on 02:1c

I don't know what to do.  Is it a space issue?  Should I boot to dos and
format the hard drive so I know it is empty?
Rodney