Slackware 8.0 install error

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Sun Jan 20 07:17:53 EST 2002

Reading that error message suggests to me that either you have a failing
floppy drive or that you have a corrupt copy of the root disk.  The first
thing I'd try is rewriting the root disk on a different floppy.   The fact
that it took a long time to come up talking also makes me wonder about
that floppy drive.  I know I recently had to replace a floppy drive
because it absolutely refused to format floppies and attempts to create
disks with Rawrite always resulted in corrupt disks.  After replacing the
drive, the problems went away.  Good luck.