Slackware 8.0 install error

Rodney rodneylist at home.com
Sat Jan 19 23:59:53 EST 2002

Well I reluctantly got some sighted assistance to see what my problem is
during the install.  The boot disk took 4 minutes 34 seconds to get to
the root floppy install prompt.  My Doubletalk LT did not start talking
until the prompt appeared and then it read all of the messages up to the
prompt.
I installed the root floppy and pressed enter and got the following
results.

vfs: insert root floppy and press enter.
vfs: insert root floppy and press enter
vfs: mounted root (minix file system) read only.
freeing unused kernel memory: 112k freed
attempt to access beyond end of device
02:1c: rw=0, want=2547, limit=1440
dev 02:1c blksize=1024 blocknr=2546 sector=5092 size=1024 count=1
attempt to access beyond end of device
02:1c: rw=0, want=2018, limit=1440
dev 02:1c blksize=1024 blocknr=2017 sector=4034 size=1024 count=1
init: error in loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: can not open shared
object file:input/output error

This computer is an IBM Aptiva
275 mhz Pentium
32 MB RAM