What parts of Redhat are modified for the Speakup install

Adam Myrow myrow at eskimo.com
Fri Jan 18 20:44:51 EST 2002

Hi.  Although I have a Slackware 8.0 Linux system setup which I am content
with, I'd like to try out Redhat so I can compare it to see why it's so
popular.  I have a friend who has Redhat CDS, but they are the standard
versions as opposed to the modified Speakup versions, and neither of us
have access to high-speed connections.  So my question is, can I use a
Speakup-enabled boot floppy with a standard Redhat CD to install Redhat on
another partition while still preserving Slackware?  Or, do I need the
modified CD to install?  Also, is it just the kernel that's modified, or
is the installer also modified?  Thanks for any info.