HD not detected

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Jan 18 17:50:39 EST 2002

The first thing I would say is that I would lay odds that you have a
conflict on what device is master on one of your IDE channels. Did you put
the new drive on with the first drive, or with the CD? This is what I can
say for sure:
The CD is a master drive on the second IDE chanel.
The original hard drive has been acting as a master on the first.

You may have cable select jumpered on one or more drives, but probably
don't have cable select cables. (If you do they have some of the wires
twisted just like a floppy cable.) I would start with resolving the jumper
problem you most certainly introduced.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.