anti-word

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Tue Jan 15 05:27:36 EST 2002

ok for starters,
yes it'll take finance and some smart people who know some code to maybe
rewrite the standard.
it'll also take alot of voices to at least get ourselves and others like
us heard.
Let me be honest with you all. This is not going to happen just like that
it'll take alot of balls to do it but it can be done.
However, if some of you feel so strongly about not using word or whatever,
just don't use it. I don't see what all the fuss is about.
it's farely simple to me. teach them to adapt it for you or bloody well do
it yourself.
and if you have to occasionally use windows to edit a ms word doc and
retain all the formatting attributes etc, then so be it.
don't be on here bitching about it and what all else, do something about
it!!
I don't care what, just let's us all get off our collective arses and stop
whining! This is nonproductive and isn't helping anyone.
Let's just for now get on with it and when the opportunity arrises, make
the appropriate noise.