installing slackware 8.0 with speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jan 14 11:23:17 EST 2002

I would use /hda, assuming /hda is the drive your BIOS boots with.  When
doing a liloconfig, it should ask you if you want to put the boot image on
a partition of your choice or if you want it on the "master boot record"
of the drive and using that option will result in your lilo.conf file
having an entry like boot=/hda.  Also in liloconfig, you will be asked to
enter the items you want to include in lilo.  I would setup the windows
one first, followed by the linux option.  I say this because lilo, by
default, will use the first entry in lilo.conf to boot your machine; the
machine will boot into windows if no choices are made during the lilo boot
prompt.

I would strongly encourage you to read "man lilo" and "man lilo.conf" to
learn all the exciting options of lilo.  You can get lilo to work really
well for you that way.  Slackware's liloconfig script is just a beginning.
After liloconfig is done, take a look at /etc/lilo.conf to see what got
created; that can be edited freely once you understand the additional
options you might want/need.