installing slackware 8.0 with speakup

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sun Jan 13 13:32:42 EST 2002

On Sun, 13 Jan 2002, Angelo Sonnesso wrote:
> I have two drives /hda, and /sda.
> I have "windows m e" on /hda, and zipspeak on /sda.
> I want to install a full version of Linux on /sda.
> Where do I put lilo, or  better yet what is the best way to set this up as a
> duel boot system.

You probably don't have much choice. If your computer suports booting from
sda then hda in that order, you could put it on sda. Otherwise it will
have to go on hda. as long as your lilo.conf has information on your other
system it will boot just fine. I have installed between 5 and 10 setups
to dual boot. Every time it was as simple as installing linux after having
a working windows system. Every install package I am familiar with
automatically puts the info into lilo.conf so the system can dual boot.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.