Problems with pdf files.

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Mon Jan 14 08:16:21 EST 2002

On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Thomas Ward wrote:
> some pdf files will convert with no problem using pdftotext, but I have some
> Linux books from Sam's which simply will not convert. Trying to do so in
> Adobe Acrobat  Reader didn't help.
> when I inquired about it Sam's said they did that for copy protection. Is
> there anyway to force a pdf file into text when it has been secured?

Well, there was a program written to unsecure the file. But the US
government imprisoned the author for about five months a short while
back. I don't know if you can find the program or not. And if you do,
take heed to the fate of the author (and keep your mouth shut to avoid the
same fate).

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.