installing slackware 8.0 with speakup

Reinhard Stebner raydar at tamu.edu
Sun Jan 13 11:46:34 EST 2002

a fillow up on the below message.  I followed the instruction from the
manual when rebooting the machine at the lilo prompt type
Linux speakup_synth=acntpc
I did this and nothing happened.  I then tried just typing Linux and again
nothing then I tried typing speakup_synth=acnt nothing finally I pressed
enter.  The system booted with out speech why?  Do you think it is because
lilo is not ont he boot disk slackware told me to make?  Could it be that
speakup is not on the boot floppy?  Finally, How do I get my machine to boot
in Linux.  It is booting in windows fine witch I am very happy about.