installing slackware 8.0 with speakup

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Jan 13 02:26:52 EST 2002

That shouldn't be a bad start but the slackware settup script should also
take you through a lilo configuration step.  Here is where you can specify
where your dos/windows partition is so you can include it.  For best
results, choose /hda (outside of any specific partition) for the location
of the boot image.  That's what I did and I have a dual boot system on
this machine.

After that, you may want to review the basic features of your kernel and
what you actually need for your environment and begin looking into
recompiling a new kernel with the latest version of speakup.  The version
distributed with slackware isn't too old but isn't quite to version 1.0
yet.  It is a good starting point though.