installing slackware 8.0 with speakup

Reinhard Stebner raydar at tamu.edu
Sun Jan 13 00:07:43 EST 2002

Hi all, I am in the middle of installing slackware 8.0 on my older machine.
Right now, I am at the menu where I should select witch kernal I would like
to use for Linux.  Well, my question is this.  No matter what I do, I can
not get out of the menu.  I am trying to select the first choice which is

boot disk  use the kernal from the installation boot disk

When I try this I press enter with speakup saying the fraise above.

Second question, how do I make win 98 boot again on this machine?  I have
not rebooted the machine since I started the install of Linux.  I am a frad
to because I do not know how to get back to windows.

Thanks for any help.  Just wondering how to tell slackware that I am wanting
the boot disk option.  When the menu first came up I had pressed enter
thinking that it would except the default choice witch was

boot disk  use the kernal from the installation boot disk

Thanks for nay help.