anti-word

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sat Jan 12 13:23:26 EST 2002

Word is indeed written for the masses. That is the funy thing about a
sales driven economy. Most things are for the masses. Guess what? The
music on the radio is for the masses as well. The shows on TV are for the
masses. The appliances in the stores are for the masses.

M$ has indeed stuffed their latest versions of word with a bunch of
stuffing. I personally use word97 and refuse to upgrade. I have word 2000
and don't use it. It only bloats the files. I happen to disagree with your
assesment of word 95 and 97. I think they are great products. But once m$
got it right, they had to do something to make the next sale. And m$ is
built on a false economy. The company will fold if they don't continue to
make upgrades. And to sell the upgrades they will add features that are
quite asanine.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.