anti-word

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Sat Jan 12 00:43:12 EST 2002

Actually Kirk, I live and function quite nicely in"the sighted World" I use
these lousy tools but Word is not a very well-designed wordprocessor.
WordPerfect, although it doesn't do html and some of the other features of
Word and other more presentation-oriented wordprocessing applications, Word
is a very poor product and it is because of MacroSlop's ongoing lack of care
about the quality of their products.  Throw it out to the Idiots and they
will suck it up!

The power users I know of and yes there are many who are sighted power users
actually use and prefer the keyboard and actually prefer and use something
other than Word when given the opportunity.

I suppose I could ahve been politically correct and stated:

Word is for the masses.

But it bothers me a great deal that MacroSlop is so wrought with arrogance
and is more interested in being in one's face with a bunch of flashy krap
than to present, even to the masses, a quality product as have other vendors
of software applications.

Amanda Lee
Alexandria, VA