anti-word

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sat Jan 12 00:40:34 EST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Amanda Lee wrote:
> Because Word is designed for idiots!

I guess all sighted people are idiots. Sorry, but that kind of crap is
just plain crap. Yes, word is bloated and adds an incredible amount of
stuff. Particularly in the latest incarnations. But it is also clear to me
that many here neither understand the sighted world, nor care to at
all. That is your right. But don't wine to me when you get left back in
the corner next time.

Yes, HTML will give pretty decent formatting. It is a good tool for
generalized text. But it doesn't support the righ formating of a good word
processor. And formatting is important to the sighted world. You don't
need to understand it. But you should accept it and deal with it.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.