suggestions for Speakup

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Sat Jan 12 00:45:52 EST 2002

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002, Thomas Ward wrote:
> Hi, while I agree that not all the features in other screen readers are just
> needed, but some are vary useful and helpful. One I'd rreally liked to see
> added to the todo list is an exception dictionary. For example when writing
> a program my synth might say printf when it is easier to read C code when it
> says print f.

Don't most synths have an exception dictionary? The few that I have looked
at specs for so. But nobody seems to use them. I would think that this
would be a much better place to do that kind of work. I know it can't be
as thorough as what you can do at the computer.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.