suggestions for Speakup

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Jan 11 18:49:27 EST 2002

First, I want to say that I agree with the other Kirk on the need for
features. The truth is that many features added to software are there to
justify an upgrade. That is the only reason many features are there. It
seems fixing your bugs isn't a good enough reason to get people to pay for
upgrades.

As for the blinking clocks or whatever, the best thing is to vote against
the programs by not using them. Having said that, it seems that most of
that crap is in the DOS/winblows world. Perhaps again because such things
are designed to sell ignoramous people on buying another upgrade.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Nowlan's Theory:
        He who hesitates is not only lost, but several miles from
        the next freeway exit.