suggestions for Speakup

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Fri Jan 11 17:55:59 EST 2002

Amanda Lee said the following on Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 04:24:30PM -0500:
> Some status lines are pretty obnoxious with blinking clocks and junk like
> that.  Haven't seen much of this in linux/unix but at times you just don't
> want to hear everythint that is displayed on the screen each time you get
> a screenful.
>
> Amanda Lee

I agree here.  Most programs do have a flag or setting to turn off
clocks, etc but some don't and not everyone who uses them will know to
just hack the source code to avoid the clocks, etc.  Having this feature
would make it a little easier for the newbie.  I personally prefer the
hack coding to avoid blinking status bars, etc but that is my personal
approach.

Best regards.
--
We are writing this e-mail to inform you that the mail server is down.
Please do not call the help desk for assistance.  To see the progress of