Pine and filters

Amanda Lee amanda at shellworld.net
Wed Jan 9 17:16:56 EST 2002

Yup I do it all the time.

Just do the following:

First define a nicname;

Next decide if it is a filter you want for: From: to: Reply to: or Subject
and believe newer versions of pine allow you to say for Any instance or
something like that.

Next, I use w/where to lcate the two instances of move and I make sure it
has an asterisk by "move if not deleted" and Move to folder.

You then tell it the folder name you want and that is the last entry in
the available  options.  There are a lot of other items that you can
choose depending on what you need to do.

I have a separate speakup folder on shellworld by the filter nickname of
 speakup and the to: line looks for speakup and I move to the speakup
folder and move if not deleted.  Pretty simple.

Amanda