Back from the "parted" beyond. (f

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Sat Jan 5 12:40:12 EST 2002

I'm not sure, but what your problem might be is that Speakup is talking far
slower than the system is booting.  That is, since the speech buffer gets
full and takes a long time to clear the system doesn't boot until speakup
stops talking.  Solution is to either keep your finger on the control key,
or else press numpad enter.  This last command silences speech until another
key is pressed.  After waiting about 30 seconds press numpad 8 to read the
current line and if it is the login prompt then you've succesfully booted.

Let us know if this works.

Saqib