Web Browsers with Javascript?

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Thu Jan 3 21:14:25 EST 2002

Personally, I do not have a clue why colleges push java script. For I like
perl, cgi, and php better. I suspect it was because Netscape came up with
it, and it has the backing of the Microsoft people.
I've seen many computer science classes migrating to Visual C++, Visual
Basic, html/java script, and they are not teaching just regular c classes in
Unix any more.
The professors at my school said it was because the Microsoft compilers and
MS stuff was easier to teach. That's because programmers in the Windows
world love to draw all the objects, and slap in some code, and they think
they are good to go.