Web Browsers with Javascript?

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Jan 3 13:55:26 EST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Janina Sajka wrote:
> I keep wanting to understand this. Why do they think it's hot? What about
> js is so hot?

It significantly extends html on pages. I use it on my father's site for
site wide navigation. Without the use of script there are huge practical
limits that would come into play. Also it can be used to pre-process forms
before submision. This has cut down significantly on data sent accross the
network.

I suppose there is probably little that couldn't be done without it. But
it can add a large amount of effeciency to the effort. Other options are
to create interaction that doesn't require data be sent back for instance
in the form of a quiz.

I suppose one could extend the argument and ask why would anyone want a PC
anyway? Oh damn, that question has already been asked by a former CEO of
IBM.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is...  If they do
foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.
	-- Joe Martin