Web Browsers with Javascript?

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Thu Jan 3 09:42:41 EST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Steve Holmes wrote:
> ....  I don't
> think java script is necessarily so bad, I just wish some of the text-only
> browsers' developers would consider looking into supporting it. Java is
> publically available, isn't it?

Before the waters get so muddy one can't get out of the mire: java and
javascript share only a name. Well javascript borrows heavily from java in
it syntax, but it is *NOT* java. And jscript is the m$ implimentation of
javascript with their extensions (and resulting security holes).

Javascript was designed by netscape. I don't think it is called javascript
anymore as Sun took legal action to stop it as it confuses people and
impeeds the adoption of java. Everything needed to include support for
javascript is available for implimentation in a web browser without need
of royalty payments though.

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

One of the most overlooked advantages to computers is...  If they do
foul up, there's no law against whacking them around a little.
	-- Joe Martin