Partitioning a drive with windows already on it?

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Jan 2 18:32:44 EST 2002

It gives everybody the same cylindar 1024 message. It's a sanity check,
essentially. The idea is that parted is saying "here's how I see things,
if I'm correct go ahead and use me, and if I'm wrong--well, you were
warned."

How new is your system? The cylindar 1024 thing is a few years behind us
now.