choosing a distro and version

Ed Barnes ed.barnes at janus.northatlantic.nf.ca
Sat Feb 23 12:01:06 EST 2002

Hi Alex.
Thanks for writing.
I would actually prefer to go with a system that is not a dual boot because
I hate dual boots unless they are the *only* option so I will be running the
system on a system dedicated to Linux only.
I also want the challenges of configuring the system as someone who will be
graduating from an I.T. program in May.
I feel the little introduction we received with regard to Linux totally
missed the boat so to speak so I want to teach myself all I can.
I am going to go Red Hat because there are more users of that distro locally
so I figure should I do anything to totally mess up my machine I'll have
more help sources around here should I need to avail of them.
Thanks and have a nice day.
Ed Barnes