Dectalk question.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Thu Feb 21 21:18:36 EST 2002

Hi, I am assuming you are refering to the Dectalk Express. Yes, Speakup
comes with ssil drivers for the Dectalk, and you can specify it on the
commandline when you load Linux.For example:

 speakup_synth=dectlk

Then, Speakup will load speech for the Dectalk Express. If you wanted to
load a bns instead you would enter:

 speakup_synth=bns

Of course during setup you have the option of having this come up
automatically, or create a menu of choices to choose synths on startup.