Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Fri Feb 15 16:02:31 EST 2002

First, why did you just compile 2.4.16, when 2.4.17 is the latest and gratest? Also, from experience, I can say that it is stable.

Second, you *do not * want to move your 2.4.13 tree modules to your 2.4.16. Instead, get into /usr/src/linux, and run
make modules
and
make modules_install
in that order. Hth.