can't load zipspeak

Ameer Armaly Ameer_Armaly at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 11:30:08 EST 2002

Hi list.  My  name is Ameer Armaly, and I'm a newbe to linux.  I've never successfully loaded linux before, for reasons forgotten.  Anyway, I tried it again, but now I have windows xp which doesn't support real mode dos, so  a boot floppy was needed.  I wrote a bood disk wit windows rawwrite.  It booted with "boot:", after which I hit enter without typing anything.  It sat for about five minutes, saying "mounting root...".  Does anybody know a way to help?  Also, is zipspeak updated to the latest speakup and slackware?