Latest Version of Speakup has a Problem?

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sat Feb 9 14:32:13 EST 2002

Hi Jim and all:  We made major changes to the keymap for speakup to
accommodate the numlock handling code.  I think if you use loadkeys to
load the speakupmap.map from the /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/speakup
directory you'll find it works correctly.  On the other hand if you
just replace the map you load at boot time with the one from that
directory it will be fine as well.  If you have modified the map to
add some of your own keys, then you will need to edit the newer
speakupmap.map and add your changes.  I apologize for the radicle
change but it was necessary.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061