Latest Version of Speakup has a Problem?

jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov jwantz at hpcc2.hpcc.noaa.gov
Fri Feb 8 16:02:32 EST 2002

Hi,
This is primarily for Kirk.  This afternoon I built a kernel 2.4.17 with
the latest version of Speakup using the CVS checkout script.  The kernel
came up talking but the review keys were all wrong!  I checked to make
sure that my /etc/sysconfig/keyboard specified speakup and it did.  I then
reloaded the keymap with loadkeys with the same result.  I then copied a
backup of the keymap into the proper directory and ran loadkeys
again--still the same result.  I then rebooted into 2.4.15 and everything
was normal again.  The only thing I haven't tried was rebuilding 2.4.17
with the standard 1.00 install to see if I get normal keyboard function.

     Jim Wantz WB0TFK