Speakup w/Accent-SA

Monty Lilburn monty at bc.cx
Sat Feb 9 09:51:56 EST 2002

Hi Frank,

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Frank Carmickle wrote:

>If you disconnect your accent or turn it off for some reason just allow
>speakups buffer to fill up by using some review functions.  After a bit it
>will time out.  Then you can turn the accent on again and then press
>insert enter on the numpad.  This will reinitialize speakup.  However at
>the current time it doesn't check to see what the setting in /proc are so
>it will initialize back to the hardcoded defaults in the driver.

Strangely enough, when I followed your instructions to reset my Accent-SA
it also solved my problem of Speakup/Accent-SA  responding slowly to some
commands.  Basically after I was able to make speakup announce "Accent SA
reset" everything  was nice and quick!  Now if there was only a way to
make speakup reset the Accent at boot-up all would be good an
automatic...Still, this must be happening for a reason!

monty

                         SUBMERGED IN THE 6o4 AREA CODE

A proud user of the LINUX Operating System!