Audio on CD RW

Ron Marriage marriage at seidata.com
Tue Feb 5 21:40:35 EST 2002

If someone has already said this, please forgive me.
Recording audio
CD-RW will play on only multiple use CDROMs such as a DVD or
CD-RW drive.
CD-R will play in an audio player or multiple use CD drive.

If you want to record music on a CD-R you can do that, if
you don't close or finish the CD-R then you can go back in
and add more to it later.  Once you close or finish the CD-R
you cannot write anymore to it again.

If you want to rewrite to a CD-RW then you must play it in
the CD-RW drive or DVD drive to hear it.  This would allow
you to record, erase, re-record, etc.  Still won't play on
the stereo or any mini-player, but will work.

Ron

Kerry Hoath wrote:

> The newer the cd player the more likely it will read cdrw.
> Many new diskmans will do cdrw so you could patch in the diskman into the mixer;
> or similar. Some of those cheap mp3cd diskmans also do cdrw and also do audio cd on cdrw.
>
> Regards, Kerry.
> On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 11:02:43PM +0100, Victor Tsaran wrote:
> > Hi, Kerry!
> > Thanks a lot for your explanation. I tried already two CD RW's of different
> > brands, but no luck. This is quite unfortunate because I was hoping that I
> > could record, use the CD for my rehearsals  and rewrite multiple times.
> > Best,
> > Victor

> Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au

Ron Marriage
Homepage http://www.seidata.com/~marriage/
Email  mailto:marriage at seidata.com
Linux User Group http://www.seidata.com/~seilug/
Blind Links  http://www.seidata.com/~marriage/rblind.html

Win door prizes!  Meet old and new friends!  See the latest
technology and gadgets for your everyday living!  Learn how
the NFB is helping to knock down barriers to make your life
better! All this and more at the 2002 NFB National
Convention
July 3 - 9 -- for details go to: http://www.nfbk.org