Questions - Speakup w/Accent-SA & VIAVOICE

Monty Lilburn monty at bc.cx
Tue Feb 5 14:20:14 EST 2002

Hi Frank,

thanks for responding to my problem.  I tried your suggestion of setting
the trigger time to 20 but that didn't seam to make any noticable
improvement.  Below is a listing of my values in /proc/speakup/accent_sa.
Could you please tell me if any other value looks way out of wack?

delay_time:400
full_time:1000
jiffy_delta:3
queued_bytes:0
sent_bytes:0
trigger_time:20
version:Version-0.14

These settings with the exception of trigger_time are the "out of the box"
defaults.  I had speakup installed when I was running a 2.2 kernel as well
and I still had the delay issue when executing certain review functions...

thanks

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002, Frank Carmickle wrote:

>I don't know why your having this trouble.  I am running with speakup 1.0
>on 2.4.12 with out any glitches.  My accentsa is very very fast.  When I
>hit the 2 on the keypad it tells me very quickly what the char is at my
>current pos.  You may want to look at the value of trigger_time in
>/proc/speakup/acntsa.  20 is about the right value.

                         SUBMERGED IN THE 6o4 AREA CODE

A proud user of the LINUX Operating System!