Can speakup pronounce February correctly?

Raul A. Gallegos raul at asmodean.net
Mon Feb 4 11:01:28 EST 2002

You could easily edit the characters file.  What I do is keep a copy of
my modified speakup parameters in /etc/speakup.  copy characters from
/proc/speakup and open the /etc/speakup/characters file.  Find the entry
for zed and change it to what ever you wish.  As stated on here already
it may be preferable to keep it at zed which I do, but you are open to
do what you feel is best.  One thing I do is change shift-3 to read as
pound instead of number.  Once you change what ever you want just copy
the newly created characters file back  into /proc/speakup and you are
done.

Thomas Ward said the following on Sun, Feb 03, 2002 at 06:17:47PM -0500:
> It is things like this that really makes me think we desperately need a
> exception dictionary. I know I do.
> While we are talking about fixes has anyone figured out how to make z sound
> right? Z sounds like zed, and it drives me nuts.
> It only happens in Speakup, and I assume it is some sort of bug or
> something. If someone can tell me how to fix this problem I'd be really
> happy.

If you are good, you will be assigned all the work.  If you are real
good, you will get out of it.
Raul A. Gallegos - http://www.asmodean.net