.bashrc

Richard Wells richwels at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 21:43:59 EST 2002

Hi janina! You and Kirk gave me the answers I needed. Thank you very much for your complete explanation of how these configurations are handled by bash. Most of my Linux/Unix to this point has been on the shell side on Solaris but never on the system administrator or root side. I am playing with Slackware now but I may be switching to Redhat soon. I got five C images from the Speakup site. My main concern now is to know which one does which job.

While we're on the subject of bash and such, how do you feel about csh and tcsh? Some have told me that they are more powerful than bash. I would be interested in hearing pro and con on this from this group.

Thanks