mutt

Chris Nestrud ccn at uark.edu
Sat Feb 2 20:46:19 EST 2002

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 07:23:37PM -0500, Janina Sajka wrote:

> 1.)	Where/how do I get rid of headers I don't want to see by default
> when I pull a message into view? In Pine there's a configuration option
> "viewer-hdrs=" which I've set to "From" so that's all I see when I view a
> message--who it's from. If I want more, the 'h' command brings up a
> display of the message headers. Can I do something similar in Mutt? The
> way it's coming up now is awfully heavy on headers I don't want to see
> generally speaking;

In mutt, you can ignore all headers and unignore the ones you'd like to
see, or ignore certain headers and have the rest unignored by default.
Here's what I have, which ignores all headers, unignores a few, and
specifies the display order.

# message headers
# show the headers I wish to see
ignore *
unignore From: date to cc subject
# and sort them too.
hdr_order Date From: To: Reply-To: Cc: Bcc: Subject:

> 2.)	In Pine when I enter a message to view it, speakup just starts
> chatting. I've got my cursor tracking, of course. At the moment I have to
> press the plus key on the numeric keypad to read the screen in Mutt which
> certainly isn't as convenient or as fast. How does this work for you?

I don't quite follow. With the top line of help disabled, the message is
read immediately.

Chris