So much Windows Mailer crap on this list...

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sat Feb 2 10:00:19 EST 2002

Yea, I don't like the notion of "setting up for blind lists" either.
PC-audio is an example of a "blind list" but I really think most of the
users are using windows stuff.  For that reason, the junk we're wining
about here is a non issue to them unless someone is using a mailer that
can't handle HTML mail.

A complaint was made here over half a week ago and now this list is
turning into a windows outlook support list or something.  If someone
feels that strongly about getting others to readjust their mail output,
they should communicate privately with them perhaps.

I think the far bigger issue has nothing to do with windows or outlook,
but would have to do with quoting styles and all that.  We've already gone
there.  I would think the popular consensis is to try and put your answer
at the top of the mail and leave any necessary quoting after that.  I'm
lazy too and often forget to proon the section being replied to but
atleast one's reading time can be reduced if they don't have to read
through all the history of the thread first.  There ain't a filter out
there to clean that up for the reader.