spell checking mail, was: Re: apology to the list

Charles Hallenbeck hallenbeck at valstar.net
Sat Feb 2 07:06:55 EST 2002

Hi Greg,

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Gregory Nowak wrote:

> I've tried using emacs' spellcheck, but found it confusing, so
> I just gave up. If your script is simpler Chuck, then could you
> please send me a copy? Thanks.

My script does nothing to improve the spell checker, which in my
experience works extremely well with speech right out of the box.
All it does is call two programs back to back, it calls nano to
compose a message and immediately calls ispell to check the
resulting file, and only then does it return to pine to complete
the mailing process. Try using ispell on a plain text file and
see if you are comfortable with it. If not, my script will not
help you.

Chuck

Visit me now at http://www.valstar.net/~hallenbeck
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (73% of Full)