html mail...

Chris Peterson capeterson at visi.com
Fri Feb 1 18:00:18 EST 2002

Well, that shows my ignorance of pine.

I haven't used it for several years, but I just tried it out and had no
trouble with reading html mail.  I also had no trouble reading it in elm.

So, perhaps the better solution would be to distribute a version of pine
with defaults that are screen reader friendly?  Supressing these warnings
would be a start.

Another thing I noticed, on the pine I was using, is that the cursor doesn't
track the highlight bar so I can't use the read current line command to
figure out what message I'm on in the message index...etc.  It seems to me
that there used to be a way to toggle cursor tracking, but I didn't find it
when I was playing around with pine 4.10 today.

This would be a constructive way of trying to avoid these discussions.

Chris