ide-scsi and speakup possible conflict

Jude DaShiell dashielljt at gmpexpress.net
Wed Dec 25 23:52:55 EST 2002

I'm aweflly glad I tried this out on boot up line with lilo first.  What I
entered was linux speakup_synth=ltlk hdd=ide-scsi.  What I heard on boot
up was litetalk being found at customary address and the root @bigkitty
gcc message and speakup initialized ide scsi setup then silence.  Only way
I got control and speech back was to power down and reboot.  I'm thinking
one of two possible conflicts is happening and perhaps both.  First an irq
conflict between litetalk synthesizer and cdrw drive.  Second, some kind
of fight between ide-scsi.o driver and speakup.  since the login was not
successful, the computer never made it to the login prompt I have a sound
that plays when initial login is requested since I put the command in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local which is not overwritten in slackware and the sound
didn't play on that failed login but did on this one when I didn't include
the hdd=ide-scsi statement on the boot line.  Would slackware have left
any records of the failed login around?  I know I can read the current
login with dmessg | less.  Only reason I'm doing any of this is hdd is a
cdrw drive that's supposed to be able to work with linux and cdrecord
-scanbus can't find the scsi driver that will talk to my hardware.

--
Jude <dashielljt(at)gmpexpress-dot-net>