Procmail recipe needed.

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Dec 19 12:34:01 EST 2002

OK, Chuck has already supplied the instructions for how to specify what procmail calls a "recipie." All I want to add is another way of managing
recipies.

Here's my .procmailrc file from my $HOME:

#Set on when debugging
VERBOSE=off
#Directory for storing procmail log and rc files
PMDIR=$HOME/mail/.procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
#     INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.test
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.lists
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.kills
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.playsound

It's just a way of splitting the recipies off the mail rc file. In the instance of Bill's question, the recipie would go into rc.kills, which happens to
be the file I use for sending things to /dev/null.

Not a necessary approach, but one I find useful. Your mileage may vary.