Procmail recipe needed.

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Thu Dec 19 06:18:31 EST 2002

Bill,

If you do not presently have a .procmailrc file, create one with
something like the following, which I will explain in a minute.
If you do already have such a file you could put this at the very
top of it without harm.

----------
:0:
* ^.*exchange.proclaimmedia.com
{
| play /usr/local/etc/flush.wav
$HOME/mail/spam
}
----------

There are six lines above. The first one defines a new recipe. It
ends with ":" to invoke the locking mechanism. You could omit
that perhaps.

The second line is one you will want to change. It begins with a
"*" and the rest of the line is a regular expression that will be
searched for in the headers of your incoming mail. Look into
those headers and find some identifying phrase for your outlaw
express crap.
The third line and the sixth line are braces which enclose the
action to be taken if the condition in line two turns out to be
true. The fourth and fifth lines are the action. In my case the
fourth line plays the sound of a flushing toilet and the fifth
line delivers the offending mail to a folder called "spam" in my
pine mail directory. You will want to modify those lines too. If
you only want one action to be taken if the condition is met you
can skip the enclosing braces and have just the single line
action following the single line condition.

HTH

Chuck

--
The Moon is Full