Laptops for less with serial ports

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Dec 8 13:11:21 EST 2002

Hi, Charlie:

Yes, outstanding keypads on Thinkpad. At least, they're highly popular
and award winning.
The only thing I've noticed, and it's only been occassional for me, is a
kind of freeze where I can't press F10, for example, because what I get
when I do is actually Ctrl-F10. And, in WordPerfect for DOS, of course,
that means you can't exit with F7! <grin> Ergo, the reboot.

I have not seen this with my T20, insofar as I recall, but I also have
not run WordPerfect for DOS since I can recall. So, I'm not sure I've
seen this in at least two years--about as long as I've had the T20.

Could be IBM, could be the WP, however, as well.