Laptops for less with serial ports

ccrawford at acb.org ccrawford at acb.org
Sun Dec 8 08:50:25 EST 2002

Janina,

	I am impressed with your talking about the think Pad,  I have
always loved the keyboards on those laptops.  If someone ploans on dual
booting however, they should be aware at least on my think pad, the damn
thing loses its keyboard mapping in DOS and I havew not been able to do
anything but reboot to get it back.  I have even gone so far as to create
a boot disk so Windows is never seen, but still the same. Either a pathing
problem to whatever controls the keyboard or a hardware thing.  don't
know.

	Having said that, I don't know if there would be aproblem with
Linux but if I convert  the thing to Linux, then it will be all linux.

-- charlie.