network problems

Patrick Turnage patrickt at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Aug 29 14:02:20 EDT 2002

Hi.
I'm using the 2.2.18pre21 kernel that came with debian potato, and I can't
get my network card to work fine.. I know it does because I used it under
slackware a few years back..
I am using isapnp to probe the boards and then am using
modprobe ne io=0x280
and it brings up the eth0 device..
I can set addresses etc.. but when I try to use it I get..
neighbour table overflow..
and no activity on the home lan..
what does this mean and what should be the next step.. I have a few more
issues to work through too.. I compiled a custom kernel of 2.2.19 because
this is basically an old ibm aptiva p133 24m ram 1.2 ghd.. I will try 2.4.x
if I can't get an y results, but I want to do nat and I did not think that
2.4 had all of the nat modules. and besides I understand ipchains a little
better than the symtax for iptables..

        -------------------------
Patrick Turnage
e-mail:pturnage at tampabay.rr.com